Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nice and happy pics

Great White Dispatch
Notes From Damn Near Canada
No. 39
10-7-09
17:29

Since so many people gave me the bitchings about what a downer the last post was, here's some shiny happy photographs!


This is partying down in Red Wing.



Hey look, a bug on a flower. HOW CREATIVE I AM.


I do believe this young chap lives under my porch. Since he started showing up and dancing for the camera at PRECISELY 8:26 every night, Tulip the Dog has been trying her damndest to dig through the porch floorboards. This may be a coincidence. Or it may be awesome. Do you have a fox den under YOUR house? HELLS NO, YOU DON'T.


Felty.


Fawny.


Glowy.


This is Cankles the Deer. He has some sort of swollen hoof issue. His rear passenger-side foot is twice the size of his others. When deer have foot problems, their antlers grow asymmetrical.


And finally, a shot of Barn Bluff and the Eisenhower Bridge from Bay Point Park. Really, the Red Wing scenery even makes a hack like me look good.

I'll have a whole bunch of other pics posted soon at http://www.flickr.com/photos/vangoat if I can ever get my goodamn uploader to work.

3 comments:

AK said...

Purty.

Brite Lines said...

Is "glowy" your land? If so, I want to houseswap with you next summer. As long as you can guarantee the wildlife zoo that's parading all over this blog, that is. (Although, I'll settle for a fox cub to snuggle every night)

vangoat said...

That's actually the state park that lives on the other side of my driveway. All the other deer and fox pictures are in my front yard. The place we're leasing sits on about 6 acres in the woods, but it's next to a 300-acre state park, so I lay claim to all of it.