Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So I was wrong about the blizzard...

Great White Disptach
Notes From Damn Near Canada
No. 44
12/09/09
0847

It came. It saw. It kicked my deer blind's ass.

Here I sit at work, depite the blizzard that raged last night and is, in fact, still raging outside. I'm here despite the fact that I have the third longest and second most dangerous commute. Despite the fact that there is a snow emergency, and that Red Wing is largely deserted. Despite the fact that no one bothered to plow my road, meaning I had no clue where the road began and the Horrible Drifting Snow ended.

I have this asshole to thank:


Unlike his namesake, Ol' Oden here has never let me down. Does it have rust spots the size of a severed head on every flat surface? You bet it does. Does it take 45 minutes to heat up, even on a blistering summer day? Goddamn right. Does it plow through snow like a raped reindeer? Hell and yes. Keep in mind that the above photo was snapped over a year ago, and the rust has spread faster than Tiger's hepatitis.

Sigh. I could be sitting at home by the fire in my jammies, half drunk on cider left in the fridge since Halloween. I could be free to scratch me nuggers without first glancing in three directions. Sometimes, dropping $750 on this rattletrap snow molester doesn't seem like the wisest of choices.

Here are some pics of a snowed-under Red Wing. I'll likely be dropping in a ton more throughout the day, because goddammit, it's too damn snowy to work. Check me flicker page once in a while.


No comments: